Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Race for the Cure






On Saturday, May 9th I did the Breast Cancer Race for the Cure. I was a little nervous about doing my first 5K. I really worried for nothing. It was so much fun. Some of the young women from our ward also went. I walked with Marie Wilkes and Oliver. We had a great time. I was able to walk in memory of one of my good friends Joey Preston. She was my next door neighbor and died of breast cancer earlier this year. It was nice to think of her and some of the memories that we had shared, while I was walking. It was a beautiful day and we finished the 5K in 54 minutes. For me it was a wonderful accomplishment. There were over 18,000 people that participated.

1 comment:

Natalie and Spencer said...

I am so proud of you mom! Congratulation on that accomplishment!! I would love to do something like that with you sometime!